The ATC Sportsmanship Pledge:
Atlanta Triathlon Club’s Guiding Principles for all coaches and members
I will maintain the highest levels of:
- Integrity: I will be fair and courteous during training sessions and athletic events. I will participate according to all posted rules, and act honorably not only to my team, but to my opponents as well.
- Respect: I will show high regard for teammates, coaches, race officials, race opponents, fans, administrators, and myself.
- Courage: I will do the right thing even when others don’t. I will face fear with strength and determination.
- Perseverance: I will be persistent in the pursuit of worthy objectives in spite of opposition, difficulty, injuries, handicaps or discouragement. I will exhibit patience and have the fortitude to try again when confronted with mistakes or failures.
I will always exhibit:
- Good Judgment: I will choose worthy goals; setting priorities in accordance with all rules; leading others to follow these rules.
- Grace: I will be considerate, courteous, and friendly toward my competition; showing care, compassion and friendship in victory or defeat.
I will always be:
- Selfless: from first to last. ATC always has, and always will bring in all athletes. We even cheer louder for those who bring up the rear. From fastest to slowest, we care about everyone equally.
- Generous: I will do my best to contribute where possible. I will give back to the community by volunteering time and committing resources where available; assisting those less fortunate than myself and promoting the overall good of our sport.